The Tax Cuts Jobs Act brings us a whole new cost recovery playing field and it is not for the faint of heart. The rules of the game have been turned upside down for the next decade with whole new profiles of winners and losers. Want to stay in the game?
- Bonus Depreciation on radical steroids (compared to what we knew)
- Effective dates and expiration dates all over the place
- Transition year privileges and glitches - These matter a whole lot RIGHT NOW
- Sec. 179 musical chairs for the ages
- How Congress really messed up and the fix needed
- Luxury automobiles get a whole new shake
- Fast write offs are the coolest thing ever unless, of course, they are a disaster
- What does cost recovery have to do with like kind exchanges anyway?
- Little nooks and crannies that could catch us by surprise
Bradley Burnett, J.D., LL.M., is a practicing Colorado tax attorney with 33 years of tax practice experience. His practice emphasis is on tax planning and tax controversy resolution. Mr. Burnett has delivered more than 3,000 presentations on U.S. tax law throughout all fifty U.S. states, Washington, D.C., the Bahamas, Italy, Greece, Turkey and Canada. He has authored texts of 35 CPE courses. Mr. Burnett’s seminar style is to deliver the subject matter in briskly paced, enthusiastic and witty fashion. His forte is the candid communication of practical ideas relating to tax law.