Mr. Keith has over 40 years of audit experience and served as the Chief Audit Executive for the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) for 11 years before his retirement in 2012.
As the Chief Audit Executive for MARTA, he was responsible for administering the overall audit activities for the Department of Internal Audit including:
- Providing the Board, the GM/CEO, MARTA Management and appropriate government entities with independent analysis, appraisals, and recommendations concerning operational, information technology, contract compliance, and financial audits.
- Directing the day-to-day activities for three audit managers, 12 auditors and the audit coordinator.
- Developing and/or reviewing all audit reports and audit correspondence.
His other audit experience includes serving as:
- Operational Audit Manager at MARTA
- Senior Auditor in the Contract Compliance Audit Branch at MARTA
- Senior Auditor at Norfolk Southern Railway
- Bank Examiner at the Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
He has been a volunteer seminar instructor for the Institute of Internal Auditors. Some of the courses taught included:
- Writing Effective Audit Reports
- Tools and Techniques for the Beginning Auditor
- Communication Skills for Auditors
- Leadership Skills for the Auditor-In-Charge
- Audit Project Management
- CIA Review Course
He currently teaches audit webinars, including:
- Writing Effective Audit Observations
- Putting the Quality in Audit Reports
- What it Takes to be the Auditor-In-ChargeAssessing Risk and Evaluating Controls
- What It Takes to be the Auditor-In-Charge
He has been published three times in the IIA Magazine’s “Back to Basics” section.
He has a degree in Economics from Clark Atlanta University. His certifications include Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE), and Certified Government Auditing Professional (CGAP).